A gift can hold much more sentimental value if it’s made from the heart. Making a lovely card is a perfect way to let that special someone know how much they mean to you. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, why not show some love with a quick and easy DIY Valentine’s Day card project?
- black and white photographs
- tacky glue
- red and white string
- thin black sharpie
- Decide the template of the card: simply fold the cardstock in half for a standard look or use a 5” x 8” piece.
- Place ¾ of one of the doilies in the front of the card and adhere with glue.
- Create a sophisticated “photo booth effect” by combining black and white photos for a vintage look and glue them in a pattern of your choosing.
- You can decorate your card using a thin permanent marker with Valentine’s Day quotes or leave it plain and simple with a meaningful message inside.
- Twist the red and white string together to create a candy cane-esque look. Then wrap the combined string around the card and tie with a bow!
Looking for more fabulous DIY projects? Check out My DIY Bucket List Spring 2013.