During the Thanksgiving holiday, I really wanted to jazz up my simple white shirt and I was inspired by a YouTube video to create a new accessory. I have been obsessed with the latest fashion trend that shows any top with a Peter Pan collar, so I decided to make my own version! This is a fashion forward look seen on the runways, red carpet, and in magazines. The Peter Pan collar is a great way to make a statement for the holiday season, but no one wants to spend a lot of money to spice up her wardrobe. This DIY project shows you how making your own Peter Pan collar in an easy, versatile, and cheap way!
- Colored felt
- Tacky glue (or a hot glue gun!)
- A large container of pretty pearls
- Download this cut-out from this link!
- Fold the felt piece in half and trace the cut-out onto the felt.
- Carefully cut out the traced collar and remove it from the rest of the felt.
- Unfold the collar and arrange the pearls around the outer parts of it.
- Glue down the pearls around the edge in any pattern you like! Then add a lot of glue in the center and just randomly drop pieces
- Let the collar sit for a few hours and then glue two equal pieces of string to both sides of the collar.
- Wear your new accessory over a cute top!
Check out another College Lifestyles™ DIY project! http://collegelifestyles.org/2012/10/diy-quotes-on-canvas/