Reality TV stars-we love to love them and we love to hate them. Dressing like them is fun, cheap, and often times unique. The cast of Jersey Shore is overdone and no one wants to see a million Pauly D’s running around, fist pumping. But, if you’re anything like me, you are a sucker for trashy TV and aren’t afraid to say it. Here are the top five Halloween costumes based off reality TV stars.
5) Real Housewives of New Jersey. While Jersey Shore is overdone, the women of RHONJ show a whole new side of the Garden State…sometimes. Grab a group of pals, throw on big heels, short dresses, and channel your inner Jersey housewife. These costumes also serve as a nice conversation starter-everyone watches the RHONJ/NY/A/OC/BH shows, but rarely publicly admits it. After a few glasses of cider, you can rekindle the times Teresa flipped a table. No matter what though, I call Melissa Gorga. Because honestly, who WOULDN’T want to be Melissa for a night?
4) Kim Kardashian’s Wedding. White dress, questionable headpiece, and a divorce waiting to happen. Easy. Get your boyfriend to be Kris Humphries. All he needs is a dumb facial expression and poofy hair. Perhaps you can draw up some divorce papers to carry around too. Oh, and you have to wear the biggest diamond you can find. I’m talking golf ball sized diamond. 20 karats isn’t too big.
3) Toddlers and Tiaras: Dress up like children, wear a lot of makeup (the tackier the better), and get a sash. Maybe even hold a big trophy, fake money, and carry a binky. You can always have your best friend be your pageant mom or the girl who wasn’t crowned Ultimate Grand Supreme.
2) Survivor contestants: This was the easiest Halloween costume I have ever done. My boyfriend and I ordered buffs from CBS.com, wore shorts and shirts we already had, and called it a day. I got a wooden beaded necklace and made that be the immunity necklace. We saved money and had unique costumes. Oh, and since you are pretending you’re stuck on an island, you don’t have to waste time doing your hair and makeup.
1) Bachelor and Bachelorette: Make your man, or guy friend, wear a shirt and tie and make sure he has a rose pinned to his shirt. As for you, wear a cocktail dress and you can go one of two ways: You can have a rose, symbolizing the man of your dreams wants to keep you around for another week, or you can have makeup running down your face and messed up hair, meaning the love of your life didn’t give you a rose. How dare he give Vienna a rose?!
I hope you love these ideas. Tweet us (@collegelifestyl) your pictures and leave your costume choice in the comments section found below.