By now, you may have hopped on the kale chip trend, but did you know that you can “chipify” other greens for a tasty, healthy snack? Mustard greens, turnip greens, collard greens…the possibilities are endless. My personal new favorite is spinach chips. Not only are they quick and easy to make, but you can feel good about filling your body with nutrients rather than empty calories.
•Fresh baby spinach leaves
•Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Coat spinach leaves with a little olive oil. This can be done by coating your hands with oil and rubbings them over the leaves, or by tossing the spinach and oil together in a large bowl. Remember, a little oil will go a long way.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread out the oil-coated spinach.
- Sprinkle with salt and cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until crispy. Be sure to watch them closely to prevent too much browning.
You can swap out the Parmesan for garlic, herbs, red paper flakes or just simple salt and pepper. What’s your favorite variation?