After a long and stressful day, dunking your hand into a bag of chips can sound especially enticing. However, the greasy, dissatisfying feeling that comes after eating one (or two, or three) too many may not sound as appetizing. But no need to fear — you can still enjoy something as delicious as chips without feeling oily and overfull once you’ve taken your final bite with this intern kitchen recipe for kale chips! Create these and learn to kiss the grocery store’s junk food aisle goodbye.
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Seasoned salt
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the kale off its stems and break into bite sized pieces (visualize a potato chip when breaking it apart)
- Wash and dry kale thoroughly
- Lay on the cookie sheet
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt
- Add Parmesan cheese if you’d like
- Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned
So, the next time you find yourself craving a bag of chips, grab a fresh bunch of kale and cut away the calories without forfeiting the flavor!