Halloween is only a few short weeks away, with Thanksgiving rapidly following. Before you know it, the time will come to tear down the ghosts hanging from the ceiling and throw out your rotten jack-o’-lanterns. What Thanksgiving décor will you use to replace an old witch door hanger? Decorating for holidays is definitely a key part to living as a classy co-ed, so try CL’s Thanksgiving wreath to show off just how thankful and chic you are!
- Grape vine wreath
- Wreath hanger
- Acrylic paints
- Wooden plate
- Glue gun
- Thin ribbon
- Thick ribbon
- Ashland ™ “Fall Picks” decorations
- Heat up a hot glue gun and choose what Ashland ™ “Fall Picks” decorations you want to use. Be creative by breaking up the bundles, using a pumpkin here and maple leaves there.
- As soon as the glue gun is ready to go, start weaving the various pieces of Fall Picks into the grapevine wreath. Make classy, cute patterns with your decorations. After you have each piece arranged, use the glue gun to secure the stems.
- Tie the thick ribbon around the grape vine wreath to create a festive bow.
- For the wreath’s centerpiece, decorate a wooden plate with your acrylic paints and stencils. Paint a phrase meaningful to you and Thanksgiving themes, such as “Give Thanks Always.”
- Paint pumpkins, leaves or other fall images around the edges and use a glue gun to attach a small piece of thin ribbon to the back of the wooden plate. Tie to your decorated grapevine wreath, leaving room for the plate to dangle in the center.
Can’t get enough of CL’s DIY articles? Check out these DIY football cupcakes, perfect for the fall season!