Once Fall comes around I start craving anything and everything pumpkin-flavored. This is a really simple recipe for pumpkin-flavored cream cheese that is creamy, thick and full of pumpkin flavor. It’s the perfect cream cheese to smear on a whole wheat bagel before a busy day.
I got this recipe from LaaLoosh. In her recipe she uses 1 ½ teaspoons of pumpkin spice, but there were lots of comments saying it was too much. I only used 1 teaspoon and feel that was the perfect amount. The results were delicious and cost-efficient. Enjoy!
- 1 package (8-ounce) low-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup of canned pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Dash of salt
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Mix together until smooth and creamy.
- Finally, pour your pumpkin cream cheese into your container of choice and store in the refrigerator.
If you like something with a little more crunch and texture, check out College Lifestyles™ Top 5 Granola Snacks at: http://collegelifestyles.org/2012/10/top-5-granola-snacks/
What is your favorite flavor of cream cheese?
Skylar Starbuck is a junior from New Mexico State University studying Secondary Education. Follow her at @skylarstarbuck. To stay tuned to more articles for classy co-eds be sure to follow College Lifestyles (TM) on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.