As a classy co-ed, you’re now in school mode and filling up your schedule with study sessions, sorority service projects and fundraisers for campus organizations. Follow these ten tips to successful time management and reap the benefits of confident, effective planning and instantaneous stress reduction.
- Decide what you want: Is striving for a 4.0 most important to you or would you rather lead service events with your sorority? Luckily, you can do both—just make sure you decide what your commitments are and stick to them.
- Get organized: Invest in a planner! Pen in your classes, workout time, chapter meetings and all commitments. Classy co-eds at College Lifestyles also use:
“Written planner with a daily post it check off list!” –Shelly Marie Redmond
“A planner, my iPhone and monthly calendars on my wall.” – Emily O’Brien
“Written planner and calendar – color coded!” – Alyssa Schuyler
“I’m all about my handy dandy notebook!! Which I guess would be considered a planner.” – Meghan Keane
Academic Time Management Tips
- Set goals and prioritize: Of the six classes you’ll attend Monday, which assignments are due first? Consider what tasks lay ahead and give yourself a deadline to accomplish the work.
- Establish a time limit: Give yourself enough time to complete your work. Sometimes classy co-eds need extra time to study to feel confident in class.
- Pick a place to study: Providing yourself with an efficient study space is critical for a smart college lady. It’ll increase your productivity and eliminate distractions.
Social Time Management Tips
- Don’t take on too much: Make sure you aren’t getting too involved. If you’re pulling all-nighters, you may need to cut something out.
- Allow for travel time: Social projects and meetings aren’t held in your dorm room, sometimes not even on campus. Always consider how long it’ll take you to get there.
Tips for Every Classy Co-Ed
- Divvy up large projects: Check out this blog post on dividing tasks. The job will seem much less overwhelming.
- Work when you’re focused: Always put your strongest work ethic to good use.
- Give yourself a break: Yes, go take a nap! Spend an evening with the girls. Most of all, relax. As a classy and hard working co-ed, you deserve it!