It’s that time of year again. The crisp leaves fall to the ground and the weather turns brisk. Our sandals turn to boots and tank tops into sweaters. Aside from fabulous weather and outfit changes, fall brings football…and with football you get football parties. Here are five must-have healthy munchies to go along with your next football extravaganza.
1. Grilled Chicken Tenders: fire up the grill and toss on some thin chicken breast strips. Coat or dip your tenders in your favorite barbeque, honey mustard or hot sauces. This is a healthy and delicious alternative to breaded tenders that your football party attendees will love.
2. Seven Layer Dip: who can have a party without this scrumptious dip to munch on? Start with a can of fresh refried beans and spread on the bottom of the pan. Next, layer on some light seasoned guacamole dip. For the third layer, spread on some low fat sour cream. Then, pile on some fresh chopped green onions, tomatoes and olives. Finally, sprinkle on some two percent sharp cheddar cheese. Grab a bag of whole grain Tostitos scoops, and enjoy!
3. Pita Pizza: Take some olive oil and spread across a piece of pita bread. Place your favorite tomato sauce on your pizza, and sprinkle on some two percent mozzarella and any other toppings you would like. Next, put them in the oven until the cheese is melted and the pita is crispy to your liking.
4. Cheeseburger Sliders: grill up some lean ground beef and melt on some two percent cheese. Place your mini burger onto a slider bun. Dress to your liking, and add some honey mustard or barbeque sauces to top off your mini meal.
5. Chocolate Covered Fruit: your party guests will be craving something sweet, so put together a healthy and easy dessert everyone will love to indulge in. Place one cup of dark chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl and cook until the chips are melted. Stir every 30 seconds. Dip some fresh pineapples, bananas and strawberries into the melted chocolate and place in the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to dessert time.
These five quick and healthy munchies will be sure to make your guests go wild at your next football party.