Are you in the mood to host your own girl’s night in? Unsure of what you want the theme of your party to be? Theme is one of the most important elements of throwing a chic and sophisticated girls night in. When choosing a theme for your big night, always keep your guests in mind. What are their hobbies and interests? What activities do they like to do? Remember to set a budget and stick to it. This will prevent you from overspending on food, drinks and decorations.
Use some of these themes as inspiration for your next girls night in!
- Girls Gone Green Party: You won’t need any plastic or paper plates or utensils at this party! Have your guests bring old newspapers, magazines, water bottles and other products that can be recycled. Organize them and bring them to a recycling center the next day. Throughout the “party,” munch on local food purchased from a farmers market and buy organic snacks, such as tortilla chips, salsa, cookies and chocolate. Work together to create a homemade salad for dinner and have organic fruit with whipped cream for dessert!
- Pizza Party: Create your own “pizza bar” and have partygoers customize their pies. Chop up a variety of toppings and place them in clear bowls on a counter top. Have each of your guests make a mini pizza. You can pick up unbaked pizza dough from your local supermarket or bakery. You can also follow this recipe and make your own dough, too! For dessert, serve sorbet – a dessert made of frozen fruit – or Italian ice!
- Movie Night: A classic girls night in theme! Tell your guests to show up in their most fabulous pajamas, then curl up with snacks and your favorite chick flicks. Serve buttered popcorn in movie-theater style boxes, which can be found at a craft store. For dessert, try an ice cream sundae bar complete with as many “guilty pleasures” as you can find: think Oreos, M&M’s, sprinkles, syrup, whipped cream, peanut butter cups and gummi bears!
- Spa Night: Yet another classic theme. Have partygoers bring fuzzy robes to change into for the evening and indulge in DIY spa treatments such as manicures, pedicures and facials. Set up stations so all of your guests can rotate around and sample all of the treatments. Light candles and play soothing music. As an activity, look up recipes for body scrubs and face masks you can make at home (The Beauty Department offers tons of tutorials on how to make your own beauty products.) For food, serve traditional spa cuisine such as trail mix, granola and fruit as well as tea with lemon. Sample some creamy frozen yogurt for dessert.
- Chocolate Tasting:Pick up different types of chocolate from your supermarket and display them in bowls (make sure everything is labeled, especially if some of your guests have allergies!) Sample different pairs of chocolate and couple it with coffee or cold milk. For dessert, bake or buy cheesecake, biscotti and rainbow cookies. Treat your chocolate-tasting party as a night to truly indulge with your girlfriends!
Will you be trying any of these girls night in themes?
What are some of your tips for throwing a classy girls night in?
Casey Galasso is a Health & Lifestyles Writer for College Lifestyles. She will be a junior at Marist College in Poughkeepise, NY this fall. Her hobbies include running, increasing the size of her DVD collection and baking. She is looking forward to a relaxing summer filled with friends, family, warm weather and good books.