Summer isn’t complete without s’mores and their messy deliciousness. While this tasty treat is best made over an open fire, there are several possibilities which hold their own. Here are five sure to please alternatives!
1. S’mores Pops
This tasty treat is easy to make, and easy to eat. By dipping the s’more in chocolate, it helps prevent the mess that usually ensues when enjoying this summer dessert!
1. Pre heat oven to 400 and cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Place graham crackers on the foil, chocolate chips on one piece and marshmallows on the other.
3. Bake in the oven until chips are melted and marshmallows are puffy.
4. While baking the crackers, melt your chocolate in the microwave (it usually takes about two minutes).
5. Take the crackers out of the oven and press the two pieces together.
6. After the center of the sandwich has cooled, dip it into the melted dipping chocolate.
7. Place the dipped crackers onto a fresh piece of waxed paper.
8. Cool and serve!
2. S’mores in a Cookie
This unconventional s’more because it provides the best of two worlds. You get the taste of a s’more combined with the gooey-ness of a chocolate chip cookie! What more could a girl want?
Chocolate chip cookie dough
- Roll cookie dough into a ball as if you were making a cookie.
- Place the rolled cookie onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Put a graham cracker on top of the cookie dough then marshmallows and a piece of chocolate. Then top it off with a second piece of graham cracker and a second ball of cookie dough.
- Press the cookie dough around the entire mound until all of the insides are covered.
- Make as many as desired and bake according to the instructions on the cookie dough package.
3. Peanut Butter S’mores Roll Ups
Warning: with the ease of these snacks you may end up having one every day! They don’t have the mess of a typical s’more and they take half the time.
Flour tortilla shells
- Cut tortillas into strips and butter one side of each strip.
- On the buttered side, place a graham cracker, a piece of chocolate, a marshmallow and a spoonful of peanut butter.
- Roll each strip up and place in the microwave on high for about a minute. But be careful when you take it out–it’s going to be hot!
4. S’more Sandwich
Ever made a grilled cheese? If so, then you’re sure to be a pro at this goody! If not, don’t worry—you’ll master it in no time.
Two slices of bread
1. Prepare bread by buttering one side of each slice.
2. On the un-buttered side, spread a layer of nutella and then a layer of marshmallow fluff.
3. Place in a pre-heated skillet and bake until warm all the way through.
Taking only 20 minutes to prep and cook, you’ll have s’mores before you know it!
5. Frozen S’mores
S’mores are so good, but in the heat of the day, they can often be too warm to satisfy your craving. These s’mores—served cold—area great spin-off for the traditional summer delight.
Vanilla ice cream
- Melt the chocolate and spread onto one side of each piece of graham cracker.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, place a scoop of ice cream on every cracker and top with a plain graham cracker.
- Place in freezer for 4-6 hours, or until the ice cream has hardened.
Tiffany Tyler, Health and Beauty Writer for College Lifestyles. She is a senior at Appalachian State University majoring in Public Relations and Journalism.