Photo credit – everycollegegirl.com
Mocktail: a non-alcoholic cocktail. Dictionary.com forgot to mention they’re also tasty and fun to make. Since lounging by the pool is way better with a fruity beverage in hand, go ahead and sip on these five concoctions, all of you classy sober Sally’s. Don’t forget the cups!
1. Rosemary Citrus Spritzer
Photo credit – thekitchn.com
Pour some water, squeeze your favorite juices, throw in some soda and syrup and you’ve got yourself a glass full o’ deliciousness. Throw a stem of rosemary onto the serving for an instantly fancy touch and only hope the drink has levels as it does in the photo above.
Sparkling water, flavored soda, fresh juices, and simple herb-and- fruit-distilled syrups
2. Crystal Light Margarita
Photo credit – cherierunsthis.com
Bring out the pitchers for a round of Crystal Light margarita-flavored drinks. Co-eds flock to Crystal Light like hawks on their prey, and their margarita-inspired mix would serve well at a pool party and even sorority events and gatherings in which you’re looking to be a two-step bartender: add water to the pitcher (filled with the five calorie pitcher packet) and stir!
3. Watermelon Lemonade
Photo credit – marthastewart.com
With the mint to rival a mojito, you’ll want this drink on days you wished you were on a resort somewhere (doesn’t it provide a tropical vibe?) yet your only resort is hanging out in your backyard. This one has directions, so make the process fun!
2 lemons, quartered, 1 cup fresh mint leaves, 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar, 1/2 medium seedless watermelon (about 9 pounds), rind removed, flesh cut into chunks
- Squeeze out lemon juice into a pitcher.
- Add squeezed lemon quarters into pitcher (drop in the cut and squeezed pieces)
- Add mint & sugar. Mash it with a spoon (wooden if you have) until mint’s “bruised” and sugar dissolved
- Puree watermelon in a blender in batches. When smooth, pour through a fine-mesh sieve into pitcher.
Photo credit – drinkinventor.com
This one looks like a really healthy smoothie. Yum!
2 ripe bananas, peeled quartered and frozen, 1 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice, 1 cup canned cream of coconut, 2 cups of ice cubes, 1 lime, halved, 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted, for garnish (optional)
- Place frozen bananas and pineapple in blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add the cream of coconut, 2 cups of ice cubes and the juice of half the lime.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Thinly slice the remaining lime in half.
- Pour the colada into glasses. Garnish with lime slices and toasted coconut, if desired.
5. Raspberry Mojito
Photo credit – brittneyhogan.wordpress.com
Such a girly looking drink! If you aren’t a fan of raspberry’s, don’t feel committed to the fruit–add any berry or pieces of fruit you like! You’ll just have to change the name and make it your own. Mango mojito has a nice ring to it…
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, 2 ounces sprite, 2-3 ounces seltzer, 1 teaspoon superfine sugar, 8 fresh mint leaves, 4-6 fresh raspberries
- Squeeze your lime juice into a pitcher
- Pour in sprite and seltzer
- Gather a teaspoon of sugar and stir into the mix.
- Grab your glasses and pour out drink. Include mashed and bruised mint leaves with raspberries