Classes may have started, schedules might be filling up, and the homework is more than likely piling up high. It may seem like autumn has fallen upon us, but you can still keep summer shining through your diet. Keeping your kitchen stocked with fresh produce will stretch out summer a few weeks longer. My personal favorite edible summer gems are peaches. They just scream summer!
At around 60 calories each for a medium-sized peach, the juicy fruit is loaded with essential minerals and vitamins like potassium and Vitamin A.
Talk a walk to the nearest farmers’ market with your new college friends and purchase a few peaches to snack on throughout the week.
Easy Peachy Keen Recipe Ideas
- Sliced peaches make for a perfect pancake topper.
- They’re also tasty added to a cold bowl of cereal, on top of creamy yogurt, or thrown into an icy smoothie.
- Try a spicy peach salsato munch on with multigrain chips.
- You could always make a peach pie– mmm!
- And for an extra sweet treat… how about a Snickerdoodle Peach Milkshake!?
* * *
I hope your semester is off to a great start. If you still need a few organizational tips, Lana’s got you covered: CL’s Guide To Getting a Head Start On Fall Semester.
Hillary is an intern at College Lifestyles and student of Food & Nutrition Communication at California State University, Chico. Give her vanilla ice cream with fresh peaches, and she’s a happy gal.