Many of us know of the LBD – Little Black Dress; but how many of us have a LWD – Little White Dress? Ask any sorority sister and most will say this is a staple in their closet.
Many of us ‘frown‘ at the thought of a LWD. If you are like me, the main fear is the ‘fear of spilling something/anything’ on a LWD. Others are concerned weight and often think that white will make one ‘look bigger.’
Not true! An all white dress can be quite flattering if the fit is correct!
Perfect fit for an LWD:
1. Fits at the waist (creates an hourglass shape).
2. If you are looking to conseal a tummy, look for an empire waist (under the chest).
3. A-line style skirt (slight flare from the hips) is universally flattering.
4. Lenght should be just above the knee are at the knee.
Choice #1 – Jessica Howard from Dillards, $48.00
Choice #2 – Fashion Junkee (www.fashionjunkee.com), $36.00
How to wear an LWD again?
1. Casual – top with a denim jacket, gold hoops, and metallic sandals.
2. Date night – wear with metallic heals, animal print clutch, gold bangles.
3. Winter – wear with black tights, black boots or black booties, black turtleneck under dress.
4. Fall – wear with a denim jacket, wine or dark green tights, flat boots, scarf.
Do I have an LWD? You bet! Do I carry around a Tide Pen? Yes!
Shelly A Marie, MS, RD, LDN is the Executive Director of College Lifestyles(TM). She is the proud owner of a LWD and LBD, as well as 6 Tide Pens!