Are you one of those girls with long, flowy locks blowing in the summer air? OR are you one of those gals with the cute, short summer-do? Are you tired of wearing your hair down, in a ponytail or in a messy bun? Well regardless of which one, here’s the latest trend for YOUR hair: BRAIDS!!!
Big braids and tiny braids are IN! IN! IN! I know I am always looking for something to do with my hair after a day at the beach. Braids are a great look for a night on the town with the girls or just hanging out at a backyard cookout. It gives you a chance to be creative with your hair and get away with some funky braids that complete your look.
Here are some braids that are easy and “do it yourself”:
The Fishbone Braid–
1. Grab a section of your hair where you want the braid to start. Seperate it into two sections.
2. Grab a small section of hair from underneath the right section.
3. Pull the section over and combine it with the left section of hair.
4. Grab a small section of hair from underneath the left section.
5. Pull the section over and combine it with the right section of hair.
6. Repeat 2-5 and secure with an elastic band when you reach the desired length that you want.
7. When you finish, pull out some hair at the top and sides of the braid to create a loose, relax look.
–The Knot Braid
1. Grab a section of hair where you want to start the braid. Seperate into two sections.
2. Twist both strands and then tie into a knot.
3. Take a piece of hair from underneath and add to strand in left, repeat on right strand.
4. Twist both sections for an easier grip and then tie both sections in a not.
5. Repeat steps 2-4.
6. When you reach your desired length, tie off with elastic band.
There are many different braids out there: French Braids, Pigtail Braids, the “Top” braid (the Lauren Conrad look), Summer Goddess braids and many more! Just get creative and try some. Braids are perfect whether you are going to the gym, heading to the beach, going out at night, or just hanging out.
SO- Next time you are getting ready in the morning, afternoon OR night, try a braid! It could be a new look for your fabulous self!